Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Adegan Drama Melayu

In many of Drama Melayu, especially the old skool ones, there will always be one of the main casts having some kind of a grave disease.


Imagine a dramatic face of a doctor, saying this:

Maafkan saya... tetapi saya ada berita buruk yang perlu saya sampaikan. Keputusan ke atas ujian yang dijalankan menunjukkan encik/cik/puan menghidap barah (common in Malay dramas)



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



And I have my own Adegan Drama Melayu this morning, though it's not at all dramatic.

Dr. Goh: The result has come out... (buat muka concern dalam tenang)
Moi: Uhum... (takda perasaan)
Dr. Goh: The result has come out... (buat muka concern + mcm expecting an outburst of emotion or something tapi muka dia ni sentiasanya tenang)


It's cancer.


Moi: Owh... ok.



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Like I was being told by the doctor that I have a slight fever.


Yes, I am not dumbfounded.


For I have brave myself for the worst since the very beginning I discover the lump.


But, Alhamdulillah, thyroid cancer is not the aggressive kind of cancer.


No chemo needed.


I will undergo another surgery this friday to remove the rest of the thyroid gland.


Wish me well, friends.


:)

4 comments:

Fai Haneul said...

-terkesima-
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
dear, take care of urself... especially during the operation...
.
.
.
.
.
.

=S

Scarred Soul said...

It's ok... it's 'takdir'.

:)

And the surgery went well.

Jangan risau lagi ya?

kucingorengemok said...

salam. tambahan: doktor² dlm drama melayu tu biasanya nmpk sgt rupa tak layak jadi doktor :| ops. take care :)

Scarred Soul said...

KOG: (Salam)

Huhu... Betul betul.

Thank you for hopping by.

:)